Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ships by Barry Manilow



Not to get too sentimental or morbid, or anything. But I post this video, and share this beautiful tune, in memory (and in honour) of my father Richard; Who, (to the best of my knowledge) passed-away on this day (Sept. 28th) all those years ago, when I was still a kid. He was a really good man, and someone I will never forget. This song sort of reminds me of those times when he used to take me to the docks, by the water, back when we used to live in the Bronx, and when I was still very young. "Like two shps that pass in the night", he was here and then he was gone. But maybe, our loved one's who have passed, are really somehow "still here, but just out of sight", as the song goes. There are many wise, intuitive, and insightful people who do believe that, for more reasons then one...

No comments:

Post a Comment