Sunday, January 12, 2020

George Harrison: All Things Pass



I will never forget the time when George Harrison had passed away. I was just moving from my apartment in Frederick, Maryland to the house I rented in Walkersville, for like the next eleven years of my life. (And an old magazine that just happened to be laying there, in the living room, featuring an interview with Harrison, with his picture on the cover, like staring right back at me!) It really saddened me, for more reasons then one. 'Cause now, two Beatles were gone. Both John Lennon, and George Harrison. (You can never really replace people like that). No doubt, the attack on his life mentioned here, several years before his death, may very well have shortened his life in some way...
I can also still remember, when I was a kid, and being blown away by the All Things Must Pass album. I used to play it over and over again. Harrison was not only a brilliant singer-songwriter and musician, but also, a fantastic human being...
Note: It seems the particular video above may not be viewable on this blog using Google Chrome. Something about the browser not supporting HTML 5 video.
That one caught me by surprise. Never seen that message before. It is a pretty good documentary (and tribute) so here is the link, to at least view it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TZqDr7tKcKY
Does play on this blog using Internet Explorer however. (Seems to be the way the blog is constructed, or something). Fancy that. Rest in peace, George...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment