Saturday, October 9, 2010

#9 dream



Once again, I post this video in tribute to John Lennon, on his birthday, and now the 30th anniversary since his violent death in Dec. of 1980. He would have been 70 yrs. old today. (Oct. 9th). I will never forget the thrill of getting the Imagine album for Christmas from my mother, when I was a kid.
So videos like this, bring back so many cherised memories for me, of that time in my life. I would imagine the same would be true for John's wife, Yoko. (She is a good woman).
I would also like to include several very interesting comments from some viewers of this video post on YouTube. This is one comment posted from darrynray several weeks ago...

"Probably my favorite JL song. My morbid theory on this one is it's John's dream premonition of his assassination. I read years later that it was a record high temperature for that day and the words "Heat Whispered Trees" got me thinking. Also, supposedly Chapman called out "Mr. Lennon" as he hears someone call out his name.


Took a walk down the street
Thru the heat whispered trees
I thought I could hear (hear, hear)
Somebody call out my name as it started to rain
2 Spirits Dancing So Strange"

And here is a more recent one from a spike284...

"John was inspired to write this song because of a Dream he had, he saw Yoko and Cynthia, and they said Ah! Bawakwa Pousse Pousse to him in the dream..."

John Lennon was a brilliant, fascinating individual and artist, in more ways then one. He will never be forgotten by many. Including myself.
His music, his spirit, and his dreams, live on. God rest his soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment