Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Moody Blues - December Snow & A Beautiful Holiday Poem



A Cold Home On A Bright And Snowy Street

I had a home with all the delights
one could have on Thanksgiving
and Christmas Day: what do I miss
on these beautiful and memorable days?
The tight hugs of family members; 
the smell of a roasting turkey,
and the barking of the dog welcoming
guests with breath steaming, carrying
eye-tempting pumpkin pies
that chubby Brian craved before napping!

I had everything any man could wish for comfort:
an ample house and dreams to live for;
children who ran wild and played music,
Jane who loved to sing jumping on the carpet.
I listened and learned how to write a lyric
for all of my darlings to sing around the hot log...
while all the frosted windows started to fog!
Is anyone looking for me to stop my shiver?

A cold home on a bright and snowy street,
freezes the Yule images in the dreamy mind;
hot stuffing that steams like cymnies at midnight;
peacan pies that Mary used to bake with happy beat....
only Dusky, the hungry dog, made a growling sound!
                                                      -Andrew Crisci

No comments:

Post a Comment