Monday, October 17, 2016

For Halloween: Documentary My Amityville horror

O.K. Surprisingly well done documentary man, which I am posting here because of the Halloween season and all. Not quite sure what to make of it at this time, except to say,
that I definitely lived in the area during the time the Amityville Horror events (as they were called) took place, (to include both the Defeo and the Lutz family stories), about 2 towns away, on the South Shore of Long Island, in Lindenhurst, New York. In fact, I will never forget the story about how Ronald Defeo went to a bar on Montauk Hwy in Amityville called: 'The Witches Brew' (believe it or not) and told everyone in the bar that he had just murdered his entire family! As a matter of fact, I actually knew a fairly close high school friend at the time, who used to perform and play guitar at this very bar, and so I can personally attest to the fact that such a bar did actually exist; as I had been there several times myself to see him play. I mean, of all places to go, the kid actually went to a bar called: 'The Witches Brew'! (Which was maybe, just about a few blocks from the Amity house itself). Right after he murdered his entire family no less! So the story goes, anyway...
Kinda' gives you goosebumps. Long Island definitely had its share of bizarre and unusual stories, that also got national attention in the news. The latest, from what I understand, is what is known as the Long Island serial killings, which is still unsolved at the present time...

But I have to say, this has got to be the best take on the Amityville Horror story that I have seen myself, and was really surprised. Especially, regarding the main character, Daniel Lutz, who I also have to say, seems pretty credible man. And even kinda' looks familiar, now that I think about it. But I knew so many people from the area, as I grew up and went to Junior High and High School there, and also played music with allot of people over the years. Who knows. Great documentary though...


No comments:

Post a Comment